'Tis the season to spread the American spirit!
One way we are doing that is by helping Nativitas, a Soup kitchen in downtown Brussels that provides hot meals on site and distributes food packages weekly, to those in need. The food we collect will be distributed to families in need who are able to take the food home and prepare their own meals. Our donations enable them to have a more balanced diet than usual during the holiday season!
We are collecting non-perishable items, such as:
- Canned fruit, vegetables, tuna, salmon, sardines, soup,
- Dried beans (lentils, chick peas, etc)
- Pasta, rice, barley, potato flakes, couscous
- Coffee, sugar, jam, Nutella, etc.
- Cookies, chocolate , canned desserts (rice pudding or other)
- Shelf-stable (non-refrigerated) items such as soup in a carton, fruit juices, milk
- Cooking oil
Please bring items by the Clubhouse - we will be collecting items through December 15th! Thanks for your support!