When registering mention AWCB10 and get a 10 Euros discount!
Register here and then the zoom will be sent to you: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/quaranvino/483678?mc_cid=5fe5c0fd12&mc_eid=3fa48dee9b
Join us for Quaranvino goes to Portugal on 6th & 20th March for a trip to the Alentejo in the South to the Douro Valley in the North to discover the diversity of Portuguese wines through its local varieties.
On Saturday 6th March, dinner will be hosted by Gabriela Fialha of Cartuxa, historic winery in the Alentejo region of Southern Portugal. Cartuxa is located in Evora, and was bought by a Jesuit rector at the city’s famous university in the 1700s. When the Jesuits were expelled, the winery was taken over by the state and was fitted with a wine press in 1776. Cartuxa farms both organically and conventionally and we will discover their organic, riserva and special Colheita lines during the evening, all made from grapes native to the region.
On 20th March we’ll have dinner with Stephane Ferreira of Quinta do Popa in the Douro Valley. For many generations, Stephane’s family had spent time in the Douro but it was his father who bought the property in 2003. The first vintage was produced in 2007 and in 2010 Stephane and his sister Vanessa took over the management of the winery bringing a new approach to this very traditional area. Their white uncorked, black label red and Quinta do Popa Porto are great expressions of the tradition of the Douro region.
Both dinners will be guest-moderated by Ana Monforte, Portuguese origin, citizen of the world born into a family of wine-makers.
How it works:
- Choose either the Duo or Trio package. One package is enough per household and you get access to both dinner events
- We ship you the wines as listed the week before the event (to anywhere within central Europe (DE, BE, NL, IT, AU, FR) , please select the 6 Euro supplement for shipment to Denmark, the Baltics, Poland, Spain, Portugal or Italy).
- We send you suggested recipes and a link to join the dinner dates
- You tune in and be as sociable as you feel. Our breakout moments give you the chance to catch up with friends, just let us know in the registration form who you know on the call.
- Dinners start at 8pm and last until around 10pm, after that we open up the breakout rooms again until 11.30pm so you can carry on your evening.
Packages include participation at both events, if you can’t make it, you will be able to access the recording to catch up on your own time.
Duo Box: Two wines per producer:
- Cartuxa – Bio Branco & EA Riserva (Red)
- Quinto do Popa – White Uncorked & Black Label red
Trio Box: Three wines per producer. As above plus these two special labels:
- Cartuxa : Colheita Tinto
- Quinto do Popa : Vintage Port
TICKETS ARE VERY LIMITED FOR THIS ROUND - SIGN UP TODAY!!
Living in the UK? We work with Cartuxa’s importer in the UK to offer tickets for the dinner on 6th March (you’re also welcome to join for 20th of course). See our Quaranvino UK ticket office for more details.